The news just keeps getting better for Robby Anderson.
Anderson’s attorney Ed O’Donnell told the Daily News Wednesday that Florida prosecutors have decided to drop felony resisting arrest charges against the Jets receiver stemming from an incident at a music festival last May. It will become official in court Thursday morning.
“The case couldn’t be proven,” O’Donnell told the News. “Robby didn’t do anything wrong. We had a tremendous amount of evidence to show that. There just wasn’t a case. I’ve known it all along.”
The police report indicated that Anderson had an altercation with security when asked to leave a concert before pushing an officer who wanted him to get on the ground. It was the first of two arrests for Anderson in a nine-month span.
This was the third piece of good news for Anderson in the past several weeks. Felony charges stemming from a January arrest in Sunrise were dismissed last month. An arrest warrant tied to a missed court appearance was lifted a few weeks ago after it was issued in error due to a clerical mishap.
Robby Anderson has had a good offseason in the legal arena.
(Abbie Parr/Getty Images)
Anderson’s legal entanglements have been reduced to a misdemeanor reckless driving charge from that January arrest. He’s scheduled for a court appearance on July 19.
Although the most severe allegations from both arrests have been dropped this offseason, Anderson is still subject to league discipline under the NFL’s Personal Conduct Policy.
Anderson has been taking part in the Jets’ voluntary off-season program for the past month.
- Join the Conversation: